Real estate businesses often begin with Microsoft software. Essential applications like Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook are enough to get your realtor business off the ground, but what happens when you want to scale up?
You can seamlessly transition to a host of Microsoft applications with no coding required. These include Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics SL, and Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM.
The Microsoft Dynamics umbrella has many other real estate integrations, which help you with contact management, customer service, process automation, and project management.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM benefits real estate businesses that grow from small to mid-size enterprises. In addition, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is a one-stop-shop for back-office real estate operations. Let’s look at how Microsoft real estate software works for your business.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for Real Estate
Before we look at the various Microsoft Dynamic apps, we must first understand the difference between a customer relationship management system (CRM) and an enterprise resource planning system (ERP). A CRM streamlines your sales, marketing, lead acquisition and customer communications.
An ERP is more useful in accounting, purchase orders, procurement, supply chain management, compliance and other business functions. Real estate businesses need CRM and ERP solutions to manage operations from end to end.
That said, Microsoft Dynamics works for all types of businesses that rely on data for their success. It’s ideal for real estate companies that already use the Microsoft ecosystem.
Microsoft Dynamics has nine different apps, some for CRM functions and others for ERP. Dynamics 365 Business Central is an easy integration for ERP operations. Dynamics 365 CRM is best for client-oriented operations to personalize your customer journey.
These systems integrate with Power BI for real-time insights into your real estate business.
Key Features of Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Multiple integrations: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for real estate works on desktops and mobile devices, on-premise and in the cloud.
- Real-time intelligence: 365 Business Central connects to Power BI for user-friendly dashboards and business KPIs.
- Continuous optimizations: Business Central uses your historical data to suggest workflow improvements for your teams.
- Global financial operations: Microsoft Dynamics Business Central supports multiple currencies, plus tax management, cash flow, account reconciliation and budgeting features for numerous territories.
- Lead prioritization: This Microsoft Dynamics CRM feature allows you to categorize your leads according to their revenue potential, for example, upselling, cross-selling and renewal opportunities.
- Backend operations: Integrate Dynamics GP for inventory management, manufacturing, distribution and HR for real estate construction projects.
Innovative Property Management Platforms for Business Automation
As you grow from a small real estate business to a large enterprise, expect your property management needs to change. Real estate experts build property management software to automate processes at all levels, from groundbreaking to leasing. A real estate management software has features for both landlords and tenants, such as:
- Owner and tenant online portals
- Bulk emailing for community management
- Utility management
- Vacancy management and tenant screening
- Integration with property listing sites
- Tenant debt collection management, and more
The Appfolio property manager, for example, supports large rental portfolios to help you manage your units remotely. It also works for all types of units, including commercial real estate and student housing.
Business Automation is the Future of Real Estate Management
Choose an innovative business automation platform for real estate and property management that works for your type and number of properties. Businesses that use outdated property management software waste time and resources on manual data entry and miss out on substantial potential leads.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
Formerly called Microsoft Dynamics AX, Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is an in-depth ERP solution for real estate companies. This Microsoft ERP software is best suited for on-premise deployment in more prominent real estate companies.
It improves your productivity through automation, more accurate market forecasts, and better financial controls over your business. It also embeds with Microsoft Power platform apps for business intelligence.
Note that Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations takes longer to implement than Business Central, but it’s definitely worth the effort. Customer stories show that Dynamics 365 finance is the leading corporate performance management solution for today’s real estate. It streamlines your supply chain to complete your real estate projects faster and more efficiently in bookkeeping, time, and expense management.
If you rely on the Microsoft ecosystem for your daily real estate operations, Microsoft Dynamics 365 apps are the perfect way to grow and scale your business. The Dynamics 365 suite is much easier to learn, and it looks just like other Microsoft products in its user interface and code-free design.