SharePoint Online has a lot of great features. Unfortunately, emailing to SharePoint as we did with SharePoint on premise, is not that easy. We’ve helped hundreds of customers get this one right, and I’m sure we can help you. The following is a step-by-step guide to get this done. The following assumes you’ve managed to get up and running and created some rules:
1. Make sure that you have at least one rule setup before starting your SharePoint integration. We have setup a number of rules to extract lead details from our email:
2. Navigate to “Incoming emails” and make sure you have at least one email parsed. If you havent got any parsed results (as shown below), simply check the checkbox on your incoming email and click the “Parse” button:
3. Click on “Integrations” and then “SharePoint” in the left navigation menu
4. Add your SharePoint connection details. You may experience some connection issues if your username/password combo is incorrect or the site that you input does not exist. Also make sure that the user you are using to connect has full access to SharePoint. You have successfully connected when you see the option to choose a document library to upload your email to:.
5. Choose the appropriate document library that you wish to upload your email to. Additionally you can choose to upload the incoming attachments as separate documents in your document library.
6. Optionally map your Parserr rule names to document library columns. In this way, all extracted data is available as metadata for your incoming email and/or attachments. In this example, we have mapped our extracted “Email” to the appropriate document library column in our Parserr document library:
7. Click the “Save Changes” button and test out your integration by forwarding an email to your Parserr inbox. Remember the address is located on your dashboard. If everything is connected, you should see your email available in document library within 30 seconds: